Before buying a computer or printer, or to determine whether your current computer meets the minimum requirements to be supported by CIS, please review:
- Recommended Windows configurations
- Recommended Mac configurations
- Recommended Printers (faculty and staff)
Personal Purchases: Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Apple: Apple Computers from the Brown Bookstore Technology Center
- Dell: Dell Computers from the Brown Bookstore Technology Center (please note that only Dell systems purchased at the Bookstore are eligible for warranty repairs at the Bookstore)
- Printers, peripherals and computer accessories: Brown Bookstore Online E-Store
Brown University Purchases: Faculty and Staff
If you are administrative staff working in an academic department, consult with your Information Technology Support Consultant (ITSC) or Departmental Computing Coordinator (DCC) about the solution that is best for you.
- Apple: After consulting with your departmental computing staff, computers can be ordered from the Brown Bookstore Technology Center
- Dell: Your departmental computing staff can create an eQuote with Dell, which your department's financial coordinator can approve in Workday (Biomed departments should contact Biomed Computer Services to make purchases). Some Dell machines can also be purchased at the Brown Bookstore Technology Center, inventory and models will vary. The best pricing is available on Brown's recommended models.