Before each semester begins we recommend following these first steps to prepare your Canvas site to optimize the student learning experience. Before you can start this guide, make sure to request your site on coursetools. For more detailed information about the items listed below view the Canvas Course Setup Checklist or click the link to automatically make a copy of the checklist for your own Google Drive account.
- Import Content (If Applicable)
- Set Syllabus As Your Homepage
- Create, Organize and Publish Content
- Simplify Course Navigation
- Select Tools
- Publish Course and Content
For assistance with more advanced features of Canvas and instructional technology, contact the Instructional Technology Group (ITG) at email@example.com to arrange a consultation.