BrownSites 2.0 allows user to attach a variety of different types of media to basic pages and articles.
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: txt doc docx xls xlsx pdf ppt pptx pps ppsx odt ods odp mp3 mov m4v mp4 mpeg avi ogg og..
Uploading a file
- Open the page you want to attach your upload to.
- Click on the Edit tab to edit the page.
- Scroll down below the content of the page to the File Upload segment.
- Browse your computer for the attachment.
- Click "Upload".
- After your file is uploaded, it will appear in a list above the upload field.
- It will also appear at the bottom of the page when viewed by the public.
Editing an uploaded file
- Go to the File Uploads segment under the body of a page while editing the page.
- Display (red): Unchecking Display hides the file from the list but does not delete the file.
- Description (green): Change the name under which the file is listed. For example, "Student WebTools.docx" could be renamed to "Student WebTools".
- Style: You can trigger the thumbnail image that signifies the file type when the page is listed.
- To delete the attachment, click "Remove" to the right of the file name.
Linking to an uploaded file
Whether or not an uploaded file is set to display or not, you can link to the file from the content of your page.
- Upload the file to the appropriate page using the steps above.
- Right-click on the uploaded file title, or control+click on a Mac.
- Select "Copy Link Address" to grab the URL for the uploaded file.
- Insert a link in the body of the page as you normally would, using the copied file URL instead of a URL to another web page.