How to add video or slideshows from external sources
BrownSites supports the inclusion of multimedia. Videos hosted (that is, already uploaded) on YouTube or Vimeo are all supported. These videos can be added to pages through the content editing page in two ways:
This places multimedia from the internet (e.g., Youtube) into your page wherever you designate it to go. It involves pasting a link into the Body/Page Content. Each page can include numerous inline videos.
This places multimedia from the internet at the bottom of the page in an area designated as Related Media. You can only embed two videos per page in this manner.
- Copy the link to the video/slideshow you wish to incorporate.
- YouTube and Vimeo: open the original video, right-click on the video itself, and select "Copy Video URL."
- Create/edit the page you wish to attach the media to.
- Place your cursor where you want the video to appear (could be at the top of the page, between paragraphs, etc.).
- Paste the link into the Body/Page Content (in the default WYSIWYG view). Links should look something like this:
- Save your page.
Yes, it's that easy.
- Copy the link to the video/slide show you wish to incorporate. The easiest way to do this for YouTube and Vimeo is to browse to the hosted video and right-click on the video and select "Copy Video URL." Links should look something like this:
- YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mtzv-2UlC4
- Vimeo = http://vimeo.com/6486026
- Create/Edit the page you wish to attach the media to.
- Near the bottom of the page are options such as "Menu Settings," "Related Files" and "Related Media." Click "Related Media."
- Options for adding media will appear to the right of the Related Media menu tab. Paste the URL in the "Related Media" field. BrownSites will embed the video for you. You may optionally add a video title and description to provide more information to your site's visitors.
- To add additional media, click the "Add another item" button.
- Save your page.
Videos will appear embedded, like this one, which was added through Related Media.