Students can access Course E-Reserves directly in Canvas via the Course Navigation menu on the left. Follow these two simple steps to make E-Reserves accessible to students.
Step 1: Activate your course reserves
Activate your course reserves through the library website at library.brown.edu/reserves. It may take up to 24 hours for your request to be processed. Online readings and film requests will take 7-14 business days to be completed.
Step 2: Enable links in Canvas to E-Reserves
Once your E-Reserves are available, you can enable a direct link to your E-Reserves in Canvas.
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu.
- Select your course in the Global Navigation menu on the left.
- Click Settings in the Course Navigation menu.
- Click the Navigation tab at the top of the Settings page.
- Click and drag E-Reserves from the bottom section of hidden tools to the top section of visible tools. Beginning AY 15-16, you should see Media Library already present in your Course Navigation menu.
- Click Save.
Students can access course readings and audio files by clicking E-Reserves and full feature films by clicking Media Library, without reentering their login information.