BrownSites supports integration with the Brown University calendar system. The calendar on your BrownSite automatically pulls from this system. Configuration of the CalWidget is done by WebServices. The calendar can use one or more of the events.brown.edu calendars.
How to set up the calendar
- Go to the Brown Events Calendar.
- Click on the orange RSS icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Find your calendar from the drop-down list.
- The calendar category as shown in the drop-down list is the name of the calendar you need to take note of. This is the name you will send to WebServices. In this example, the calendar for the group WiSE is "wise".
- If necessary, find the names of additional calendars using steps 1 through 4.
- Close the "Build an RSS Feed" window - you don't need to continue building a Feed.
- Email the exact name of the calendar category (or categories) to email@example.com at any time before you begin the launch process.
My department doesn't have a University calendar on events.brown.edu
If your department does not have a calendar, submit the Calendar Request online form.