Namecoach allows students to record and indicate the phonetic pronunciation of their name. Departments and programs can use Namecoach for upcoming Commencement ceremonies by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request a demo and account from email@example.com.
- Log in to name-coach.com using the credentials emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org. From the dashboard, you'll see the Name Page for your event.
- Click on Go for your department/program.
Review Recorded Names, Unrecorded Names, and Names Requested links.
- Recorded Names: a list of completed form submissions that include audio files, personal notes from students, and a column for administrators to make internal notes. Email re-recording requests, archive or delete student records to update the final list.
- Unrecorded Names: a list of students who may have started the form submission process, but did not record an audio pronunciation.
- Names Requested: a list of students without an audio recording or phonetic pronunciation.
Customize Name Event Page and Sender Email
Click on the Admin tab for your Name Event Page.
- Invite other administrators
- Update Participant records without sending notifications to students
- Update Preferences to customize the "Sender" email field.
- Change the "Notification sender" field to your departmental address or administrator's address.
- Customize a preface welcome message for students when they see the NameCoach recording page.
- Make form fields optional or hidden (i.e. hide Middle name or Phonetic field.)
- Enable the option to remind students to record their name within 7 days of the event.
- Add custom fields to the recording page.
Send Mailmerge Invitations
- Create a new Excel or Google spreadsheet.
- Include in the first row the columns "first_name", "last_name", "email"
- Copy/paste First names, Last names, and Emails into this template file. Email is the only required field for the mailmerge to work.
- Save the Excel file on your computer.
- Return to the Name-coach.com event page in your web browser.
- Click the Request Names/Your Link tab in your event page to import the .csv/.xls file.
- Click on the Upload Excel/CSV button
- Click on the Import and Notify button
- Update and edit the Email Body and click Save message
- Click the Browser/Choose File option to locate the Excel document on your computer.
- Click Import and send invites to send students the email message with a link to record their names, indicate pronouns, and enter phonetic pronunciations.
- Review the Recorded Names, Unrecorded Names, and Names Requested tabs for updated information.