If you are not the sign owner
Contact your departmental computing staff (DCC or ITSC) for assistance. They can troubleshoot the hardware and put you in touch with the sign owner. If your DCC is unavailable to assist you, you can also file a ticket with our IT Service Center.
If you are the sign owner
Get an updated snapshot of what’s playing on your Digital Signage monitor:
- Log into the service at https://digitalsign.brown.edu
- From the top menu, select ‘Now Playing’
- Select ‘Player Snap’
- Check the box next to your player
- Click the Refresh button
- Verify you get an updated date and time
If the date/time associated with the snapshot changes, then you know that the player is online and communicating with the AxisTV server
If you cannot get a refreshed snapshot
- Player is turned on
- The ethernet cable going to the sign has network connectivity
If your screen is black
Refresh the player snapshot (see steps above).
If the date/time associated with the snapshot changes and the snapshot shows normal content, verify that:
- Display is set to the correct input
- All cables are tightly connected
- Display is powered on
If the date/time associated with the snapshot changes and the snapshot shows a black screen, verify that:
- Content is scheduled in your playlist.
- Reboot player (the IT Service Center can do this on your behalf)
If display is zoomed in
The player may be set to the wrong resolution; try rebooting player (the IT Service Center can do this on your behalf)
Note: some displays are mounted above where a normal person can reach. In that case, ask the department if their IT support person, such as the DCC or ITSC for assistance.