Public Computing Labs
- Public Computing Facilities are available for use by individuals with a Brown Network ID.
- Public Computing Facilities may not be reserved for individuals or groups.
- Computing classrooms, as noted in the list below, are available for use as public computing labs when not reserved for courses
- run the Windows 10 Enterprise Operating System.
- are equipped with 24inch flat panel color monitors displaying at 1920x1080.
- are Dell computers with Intel(R) Core(TM) processors (3.2GHz or higher) with at least 8GB of RAM.
- are equipped with DVD/CD-RW drives.
- Windows Software
- run the macOS High Sierra 10.13 Operating System
- are 27-inch Retina 5K iMacs with Intel Core i5 3.3GHz processors, 16GB of RAM, and SSD Flash Storage
- SciLi-A iMacs have Intel Core i7 4.0GHz processors, 16GB of RAM, and SSD Flash Storage
- Rockefeller Mac loaner laptops are 13" MacBook Airs with Intel Core i5 1.6 GHz processors, 8GB of RAM, and SSD Flash Storage
- Macintosh Software
SciLi Lab, Level A
SciLi Lab, Mezzanine Level
Rock, Main Floor
Rock, Graduate Center
CIT 265 Classroom
CIT 267 Classroom
CIT 269 ClassroomCIT building
115 Waterman St.
Four multimedia labs are available for specialized multimedia use. They are Mac only (iMacs, iMac Pros, and Mac Pros). For more information, see Multimedia Labs.
In addition, some departments outside of CIS and the Library provide their own computing facilities. Check with individual departments for further information.